Adult volunteers are accepted throughout the year. If you would like to become an adult volunteer, please complete the following steps:
If interested in volunteering at UF Health Jacksonville, please call (904) 244-4271 or visit ufhealthjax.org/volunteer/
Gainesville Application Process
- Complete the Adult Volunteer Application. (non-degree seeking adult)
Complete the required online orientation.
Log into myTraining (Non-UF students will need to create a temporary account to access the online orientation materials. Click here for a guide to walk you through the process). Complete the following training modules:
Print the certificate of completion for each training module. Certificates can be accessed by clicking on the small certificate icon next to each module listed in your “Training Transcript”.
Complete the Security & Confidentiality Form.
- Please write “Volunteer Services” in the box labeled “Entity or Department”
- If you do not have a badge ID or UF ID, please leave this field blank.
- Just like employees, all volunteers are expected to follow UF Health’s Code of Conduct. Volunteers are also expected to have read the Volunteer Handbook and adhere to all policies and procedures outlined therein.
- During your interview, you will sign an acknowledgement form that you have read these two documents and agree to abide by them. Therefore, it is not necessary to print the last page from the Code of Conduct.
Obtain copies of medical records verifying the following:
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella: Documentation of two (2) measles/mumps/rubella vaccinations or serological (laboratory testing) proof of immunity to measles (rubeola) and rubella (German measles).
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Verification of having Chicken Pox through medical documentation of the disease, documentation of two varicella vaccinations or serological (laboratory testing) proof of immunity.
- Complete Hepatitis B vaccine series (3 vaccinations): Required for those interested in volunteering in the Emergency Room.
Please contact the Volunteer Services office at 352-265-0360 for a volunteer interview.
Obtain Occupational Health Clearance
Pick up the Occupational Health Clearance Packet from UF Health Shands Volunteer Services (ground floor, room G153). Take the form along with your immunization records to Occupational Health (first floor Room 1004) between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Flu Shot Requirements
Annual Influenza vaccinations are required for all UF Health volunteers during flu season (fall to spring). Proof of vaccination must be brought to your interview.
- Adult Volunteers are able to receive free flu shots from UF Health Shands Occupational Health Services during their clearance.
- Flu shots received at other community locations (doctors office, Walgreens, CVS, etc.) will also be accepted with proof of vaccination.
What to bring to your Volunteer Interview
- Copy of Immunization Records, including the flu shot.
- Clearance from Occupational Health
- Certificates of completion of the online orientations (HIPAA & Privacy, Hospitality, and Volunteer Services).
- Security and Confidentiality Form.
Volunteer Services provides complimentary parking for their adult volunteers. UF parking surrounds the UF Health Shands Hospital. During your volunteer placement process you can park at either East or West Parking Garages. Parking vouchers will be provided at the volunteer office. Below are the locations of our Visitor parking garages.
- Gated Garage 10 (East)
Located on the northeast corner of Archer Road and Newell Drive, across from the Pediatric E.R.
- Levels 3 and 4 of Garage 2 (West)
Adjacent to Wilmot Gardens on the northwest corner of Archer Road and Center Drive across from UF Health Shands Medical Plaza (accessed from both Mowry Road and Gale Lemerand Drive )
- Parking and Driving Directions
- UF Health Shands Hospital Interior Map
Call the Volunteer Office for additional information. (352) 265-0360.