The Breastfeeding Class is intended to provide important information about the basics of breastfeeding.
Topics covered include:
- What to expect during the immediate postpartum period
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Positioning of the infant for optimal latch
- Common concerns when breastfeeding
- Pumping and storing breastmilk
- And more!
- Certain Tuesdays of the month from 7:00pm-9:00pm. See specifc dates to the right.
- UF Health Shands Hospital
Take Main Lobby Atrium elevators to 2nd floor. Follow signs to room 2147.
- Parking: Park in the hospital’s East garage near the Pediatric Emergency Entrance. Parking fee will be $4 for self-park and $6 valet parking (with voucher given at class).
- $15.00 (cash, check, or money order) collected on the day of the class.
- View the event page to fill out the registration form
- Questions? Please call 352-265-0317 or email CHILDBIRTHED@shands.ufl.edu.