C "Richard" Conti, M.D.,MACC,HC,FCP - Research & Publications
- Conti CR. Coronary occlusion and ischemia reduction. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015 Jul;8(8):1129. PubMed
- Conti CR. Some thoughts about patient ownership. Clin Cardiol. 2015 Jan;38(1):1. PubMed
- Elgendy IY, Mahmoud A, Conti CR. Beta-blockers in the management of coronary artery disease: are we on the verge of a new paradigm shift? Recent Pat Cardiovasc Drug Discov. 2014;9(1):11-21. PubMed
- Conti CR. My approach to evaluating chest pain in the ER. Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2014 Jul;24(5):214.PubMed
- Conti CR. CardioPulse. Radiation awareness: an appeal is made for including radiation exposure in a patient's medical records. Eur Heart J. 2014 Mar;35(10):600-1. PubMed
- Elgendy IY, Conti CR, Bavry AA. Fractional flow reserve: an updated review. Clin Cardiol. 2014 Jun;37(6):371-80. PubMed
- Conti CR. Is D2B the only metric to determine outcome with STEMI? JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2014 Mar;7(3):339. PubMed
- Conti CR. Prognostic stratification of patients with vasospastic angina. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014 Apr 22;63(15):1585-6. PubMed
- Elgendy IY, Conti CR. Caseous calcification of the mitral annulus: a review. Clin Cardiol. 2013 Oct;36(10):E27-31. PubMed
- Conti CR. Hypothermia: Is it good for the brain and not for the arteries? J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61(20):2113-4. PubMed
- Conti CR, Netter FH, eds. The Netter Collection of Medical Illustrations and ndash; Cardiovascular System. 2nd Ed., Vol. 8. Philadephia, PA: Saunders; 2014: 1-312.
- Hurst JW, Conti CR, Fye WB, eds. Profiles in Cardiology. Mahwah, NJ: Foundation for Advances in Medicine and Science; 2003: 1-514.
- Conti CR, Tonnessen D. Heart Disease and High Cholesterol: Beating The Odds. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley Publishing Co; 1992: 1-164.
- Mehta JL, Conti CR, eds. Thrombosis and Platelets in Myocardial Ischemia. Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis Company; 1987: 1-294.
- Roberts AJ, Conti CR, eds. Current Surgery of the Heart. Philadelphia, PA: J.B. Lippincott Company;1987: 1-343.
- Conti CR, ed. Coronary Artery Spasm: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Treatment. Coronary Artery Spasm. New York, NY: Marcel Dekker, Inc; 1986: 1-347.
- Conti CR, Epstein SE, Rosing DR, eds. Calcium-Channel blockers: Present Status and Future Directions. (American Journal of Cardiology. Vol. 55. No. 3. Symposium, Carlsbad, CA.) New York, NY: Technical Publishing; 1985: 1-221.
- Conti CR, ed. Cardiac Drug Therapy. Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis Company; 1984: 1-309.
- Conti CR, Pepine CJ, Curry RC. Coronary Artery Spasm: An Important Mechanism in the Pathophysiology of Ischemic Heart Disease. (Current Problems in Cardiology. Vol. 4. No. 4.) Chicago, IL: Year Book Medical Publishers; 1979: 1-70.
For additional publications, please visit PubMed:
Dr. Conti has been past chairman of the ACC Extramural Program Committee. As chairman of the Self Study Educational Programs Committee, he was responsible for the development of the American College of Cardiology Self Assessment Program (ACCSAP). Since 1998, he has devoted much of his time teaching students, residents, and fellows clinical cardiology on the cardiology clinics, wards, the classroom and at clinical conferences. He also serves as mentor to encourage scholarly work for young faculty and fellows and serves as counselor/advisor/mentor regarding new ideas and refinement of manuscripts. From 1990-97 he was chairman of the Asymptomatic Cardiac Ischemia Pilot (ACIP) Trial NHLBI funded multicenter and ndash; multinational study. He has served as principal investigator for Medtronic, Inc. Stimulation Therapy for Angina Refractory to Standard Therapies, Interventions , and Medications (STARTSTIM), and for PILOT Research Project on EECP, Azithromycin and Coronary Events Study (ACES).