A division of UF Health Shands Arts in Medicine
Located on the south east corner of the Andy and Toni Crawford lobby of UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital, the Marshall M. and Paula P. Criser, Jr. Cancer Resource Center is designed to promote patient education and wellness.
Realizing the need for a safe, quiet and private space, the center provides patients and families a relaxing and supportive environment. Here they can stay connected to family and friends through computers with free internet access, find up-to-date information about treatment, recovery and how to cope with bereavement.
- The floor-to-ceiling windows on the east and south sides offer ample natural light, and visitors can enjoy views of the Garden of Hope and surrounding scenery in a family room atmosphere.
- Experienced staff with backgrounds in oncology, social work, psychology, creative arts and holistic healing, engage patients and families in a variety of educational opportunities and support services designed to foster personal discovery.
- In addition, the Margo Powers multi-purpose room (located within the center) offers patients, families and staff a place to conduct and enjoy health-related classes, art workshops and educational seminars. It also can host small group meetings.
The Criser Cancer Resource Center is an interdisciplinary facility that complements medical care and helps us support the diverse needs of individuals and families. The center provides information and tools to help patients and their families cope with cancer and its treatments.
Criser Cancer Resource Center (Family Room) Programs and Events Hours
- Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Phone: (352) 733-0880
- For a list of programs and events, please stop by the Cancer Resource Center.