Cancer is a complex and varied disease. It can begin anywhere in the body and spread for reasons that are not yet understood. The same kind of cancer behaves differently from one patient to the next.
UF Health Cancer Center in Gainesville embraces a team-focused approach to patient care with the intention of customizing treatment to match each patient’s needs. Our cancer experts work to ensure coordinated care is available to each patient through diagnosis, treatment and recovery, and that patients who need several different therapies to treat their cancer will receive the ideal combination.
Our cancer center features state-of-the-art technologies such as intraoperative radiation therapy, image-guided stereotactic radiosurgery and minimally invasive robotic surgery. Our University of Florida doctors, surgeons and researchers are nationally known experts, and many of our programs are national centers of excellence, including the UF Health Breast Center and the Bone Marrow Transplant Program.
UF Health is also home to one of only a handful of proton therapy centers in the country and the world's first multidisciplinary metastatic disease program established with the vision of “curing the incurable.”
UF Health Gainesville Cancer Care
UF physicians at UF Health Shands Hospital in Gainesville offer specialized, disease-specific multidisciplinary care in the following areas:
At the UF Health Jacksonville Cancer Center, multidisciplinary teams of University of Florida physicians work together using the latest diagnostic and therapeutic innovations to optimize cancer treatment outcomes.
Until recently, the treatment of cancer was often just as frightening as the diagnosis. It doesn't have to be that way. At the UF Health Proton Therapy Institute, we're committed to changing the way cancer is treated, and the way cancer treatment is experienced. That's why we're developing the newest, least invasive, and most promising tool in use today: proton therapy.
Make an Appointment
Schedule an appointment with one of our specialty multi-disciplinary teams by calling the following numbers:
- Bone and Soft Tissue Cancer Center
- Preston A. Wells, Jr., Center for Brain Tumor Therapy
- UF Health Breast Center
- Pediatric Cancer Center
- GI Cancer Center
- Urologic Cancer Center
- Gynecologic Cancer Center
- Head and Neck Cancer Center
- Lung Cancer Center
- Adult Hematology Oncology Center
- Skin and Cancer Center
- Melanoma Center
- UF Health Hematology/Oncology - Davis Cancer Pavilion
- UF Health Radiation Oncology - Davis Cancer Pavilion
- UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital
- UF Health Shands Children's Hospital
- UF Health Shands Hospital
- UF Health Jacksonville Cancer Center
- UF Health Proton Therapy Insititute
Support and Resources
Find a Cancer Doctor
Browse our directory to find UF physicians and other health care providers offering cancer care services.
- UF physician, colleagues identify successful blood cancer therapy
- Targeting tumors may help stop spread of breast, other cancers
- $10 million Wells Foundation gift will enable UF to speed brain tumor remedies
- UF&Shands Park Avenue Imaging Center receives excellence accreditation
- UF, Moffitt researchers find blood cancer may be more common than realized