UF Health Shands Hospital recognized for high performing care of Cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
The UF Health Cancer Center in Gainesville is dedicated to serving the residents of Florida with state-of-the-art cancer treatment, prevention, control and education.
Our cancer experts work to ensure coordinated care is available to each patient through diagnosis, treatment and recovery - putting you at the center of everything we do.
Our Cancer Center features advanced technologies, such as intraoperative radiation therapy, image-guided stereotactic radiosurgery and minimally invasive robotic surgery.
Our University of Florida physicians, surgeons and researchers are nationally ranked experts, and many of our programs are national centers of excellence, including the UF Health Breast Center and the UF Health Bone Marrow Transplant Program.
The UF Health Cancer Center stands alone in the state of Florida in its unique ability to blend comprehensive patient care and innovative research in a collaborative environment.
Until recently, the treatment of cancer was often just as frightening as the diagnosis. It doesn't have to be that way. At the UF Health Proton Therapy Institute, we're committed to changing the way cancer is treated, and the way cancer treatment is experienced. That's why we're developing the newest, least invasive, and most promising tool in use today: proton therapy.
Make an Appointment
Schedule an appointment with one of our specialty multi-disciplinary teams by calling the following numbers:
- Bone and Soft Tissue Cancer Program
- Preston A. Wells, Jr., Center for Brain Tumor Therapy
- UF Health Breast Center
- Pediatric Cancer Program
- GI/Colon Cancer Program
- Urologic Cancer Program
- Gynecologic Cancer Program
- Head and Neck Cancer Program
- Lung Cancer Program
- UF Health Medical Oncology
- Skin Cancer and Melanoma Program
- Blood Cancers and Bone Marrow Transplant Program
- Pancreatic Cancer Program
- Uf Health Radiology Oncology
- UF Health Hematology/Oncology - Davis Cancer Pavilion
- UF Health Radiation Oncology - Davis Cancer Pavilion
- UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital
- UF Health Shands Children's Hospital
- UF Health Shands Hospital
- UF Health Jacksonville Cancer Center
- UF Health Proton Therapy Insititute
Support and Resources
Find a Cancer Doctor
Browse our directory to find UF physicians and other health care providers offering cancer care services.
- LAffiliation with National Cancer Institute makes novel cancer treatments available to patients
- Common, edible mushroom has potential to kill one type of leukemia cell, UF Health researchers find
- UF researchers identify gene variant to personalize therapy for deadly form of leukemia
- UF Health Cancer Network earns national accreditation for quality care
- Patient with chemotherapy-induced heart failure first to receive stem cells in clinical trial
- UF medical students use personalized medicine to catch leukemia before it starts
- Rabbit virus improves bone marrow transplants, kills some cancer cells