If you experience chest pain, call 911 and ask to go to UF Health.
The Chest Pain E.R. at UF Health Shands Hospital
- Located in the UF Health Shands Emergency Room
- A dedicated space for patients experiencing low- to moderate-acuity chest pains
- Staffed by a team of UF cardiovascular emergency specialists, cardiologists and specially trained nurse practitioners
- Initial evaluation begins immediately upon arrival
- Open 24/7
- Accredited as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Free valet parking for patients is available at the UF Health Shands Emergency Room entrance
Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Chest discomfort - discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes or that goes away and comes back. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain
- Discomfort in other areas of the upper body including pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach
- Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort
- Other signs may include breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness
UF Health experts, including physicians from the UF divisions of cardiovascular medicine, thoracic and cardiovascular surgery, and vascular surgery and endovascular therapy, offer care to adults and children with heart and vascular problems.
To obtain a copy of your medical records from Chest Pain Emergency Room, please contact 352-265-0111.
Pay your billconsult our billing section.
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.
UF Health is tobacco-free
Help us maintain our strong commitment to patients and to promoting good health in our communities: please don't smoke, chew tobacco or use electronic cigarettes on UF Health-owned or -operated properties. Thank you.