Child Life Program: Ways to Help
Thank you for your interest in donating items to the patients at UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital. In-kind gifts are appreciated year-round for patients and families from newborn to 21 years of age. Items are used in our playrooms, inpatient units, emergency room, radiology areas, clinics and many more pediatric patient service areas. UF Health greatly appreciates your donations!
Due to COVID-19 and infection control guidelines, we require that all donations be brand new and in the original packaging. We cannot accept any used or gently used items.
Donations will help brighten the day of a child who is sick in the hospital. We are grateful for your generosity and thank you for your support!
How to Donate
1. Send Donations Directly via mail
Our goal is to make donating as convenient and safe as possible. We are encouraging donors to order online directly from our Amazon or Walmart wish lists, or from the vendor of their choice and have items shipped directly to the hospital.
If you prefer not to use Amazon or Walmart and ship to the hospital directly, below is a printable toy list.
Donation Shipping Address:
UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital
Child Life Department
1600 SW Archer RD
Gainesville, FL 32610
2. Deliver to the Hospital
For those that prefer to drop off items to the hospital, we offer a contactless delivery option.
Currently, we are accepting donations daily from 9 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. Please call ahead to schedule a delivery time. This ensures a Child Life staff member is available to meet you.
- Weekdays please call: 352-594-6470
- Weekends please call: 352-494-5500
Child Life staff will provide directions when you call to schedule a delivery. Due to safety precautions, a Child Life staff member will meet you outside to collect your donation. At this time, donors and visitors may not come into the hospital to deliver donations
Please contact the Child Life Department at 352-594-6470 to set up a delivery time.
Please print this form (PDF), fill out, and bring with you when you drop off your donation.
We ask that you please follow the guidelines below to ensure our patients’ safety.
To protect the privacy of our patients, donors will not be allowed to deliver room to room. All donated items will be distributed to patients by Child Life staff.
In-Kind Donation Guidelines
- Due to infection control guidelines, all toys or items of any kind must be brand new and in original packaging. We cannot accept any used or gently used items.
- Stuffed animals and plush toys will not be accepted unless they are in the original manufacturers packaging.
- Please do not include food, candy or gum. Many patients are on restricted diets.
- All items must be politically and religiously neutral. Please do not include religious reading material.
- Latex items are not permitted (including latex balloons), as many individuals have latex allergies.
- All donated art items such as paint, crayon, glue, etc. must be labeled non-toxic
- Please make sure items do not contain small parts such as buttons, glass, magnetic balls or any game that contains magnetic pieces.
- Please do not include any toy or item that contains button batteries.
- Please do not include any items that represent violence (soldiers, guns, war games, etc.).
- Please do not gift wrap items.
Additional Ways You Can Help
Make a Cash Gift
Online donations can be accessed via our secure giving site
Community Fundraising & Toy Drive Requirements
Any person or organization interested in participating in the MyCommunity Fundraiser Program must complete an Event Proposal Application and submit a brief summary of the event or campaign. The application must be submitted for prior approval through the UF Health Office of Development. This application process allows us to identify how the funds raised will best benefit our organization.
Interested in hosting a MyCommunity Fundraising Program?
- Please complete the application and submit for approval by sending to the Office of Development, email@example.com, or fax to 352-265-7954.
- Check out the MyCommunity Fundraiser Planning Kit, which provides tips and resources for your event, including fundraising procedures, promotional material and keys to success!