Childbirth Education Classes
The Childbirth Education Class is intended to prepare expectant parents for labor and birth.
It is conveniently offered as a one day class on a Saturday and covers a variety of topics including:
- The birthing process and stages of labor
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Pain management options
- Cesarean section preparation and recovery
- Postpartum care
- Newborn care
- And more
This course also includes a tour of the triage, labor and delivery, and mother baby unit.
- UF Health Shands Hospital
Take Main Lobby Atrium elevators to the 9th floor. Follow the signs to Conference Room 9433.
- Parking: Park in the hospital’s East garage near the Pediatric Emergency Entrance. Parking fee will be $4 for self-park and $6 valet parking (with voucher given at class).
- $50.00 (cash, check, or money order) collected on the day of the class.
- Participants are asked to wear pants (or something modest) for pushing demonstration. Snacks and beverages are allowed.
- View the event page to fill out the registration form
- Questions? Please call 352-265-0317 or email CHILDBIRTHED@shands.ufl.edu.