Opportunities for research collaborations abound at the University of Florida, which is home to 16 colleges and more than 150 research centers and institutes.
It is one of only six public land-grant universities in the country offering colleges of medicine, veterinary medicine, agriculture and law, all on one central campus. On any given day, more than 4,000 scientists and scholars are researching hundreds of disciplines at UF.
The links below provide an introduction to the many types of collaborators available to health researchers at the UF Health, including UF faculty, centers and institutes, community research liaisons and science education and outreach partners; UF-affiliated research networks; and institutional collaborators:
- UF Faculty
- UF Centers and Institutes
- UF Community Research Liaisons
- UF Science Education and Outreach
- UF Affiliated Research Networks
- Institutional Collaborators
- Other Florida Universities
A research-focused discovery tool enabling collaboration across UF’s 16 colleges.
The University of Florida Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) works on many fronts to accelerate research and improve health. It provides resources for research teams, career development programs, pilot project funding and an extensive network of local, state and national partners.
- CTSI-affiliated Clinical Research Units
- CTSI Community Engagement and Research Program
- CTSI Communications Research Program
The Emerging Pathogens Institute fuses key disciplines to develop outreach, education, and research capabilities designed to preserve Florida's health and economy, and to prevent or contain new and re-emerging diseases.
The goal of the UF Genetics Institute is to harness the vast array of talent at the University of Florida to make exciting new discoveries, transfer technology to the marketplace and improve quality of life. Across the vast landscape of biology, UF Genetics Institute scientists discover how genes interact and express themselves, and use this knowledge to improve living conditions for all.
The Institute on Aging exists to improve the health, independence and quality of life of older adults by means of interdisciplinary teams in the areas of research, education and health care.
The McKnight Brain Institute of the University of Florida is one of the nation’s most comprehensive and technologically advanced centers devoted to discovering how the normal brain operates, and how we can repair the brain following injury or disease.
Activities and programs at the UF Health Cancer Center are acutely focused on the development of early-stage “translational” research aimed at the rapid advancement of scientific discoveries to clinical trials and resulting in improved patient care. Our goal is to generate tomorrow’s answers for today’s patients.
The mission of the Interdisciplinary Center for Biotechnology Research (ICBR) is to serve as a world-class research support center that provides scientifically knowledgeable, technically superb scientific services to University of Florida faculty, staff, graduate students, and other research partners throughout the state and nation. Founded in 1987, ICBR is dedicated to initiating and supporting the best of front line technology within the ever-changing and wide-ranging scope of the molecular life sciences.
University of Florida
- Jacksonville Health Equity Research Organization Practice-Based Research Network (JaxHERO)
UF Network Director: David Wood, M.D.
- North Florida Pediatric Community Research Network
UF Network Director: Mobeen Rathore, M.D.
- Florida Neonatal Neurologic Network
UF Principal Investigator: Michael D. Weiss, M.D.
- Health IMPACTS for Florida
UF Principal Investigators: Elizabeth Shenkman, Ph.D.; Russell Bauer, Ph.D.
- Hepatitis C Therapeutic Registry and Research Network (HCV-TARGET)
UF Co-Chair: David R. Nelson, M.D.
- Network for Pancreatic Organ Donors with Diabetes (nPOD)
UF Executive Director: Mark Atkinson, Ph.D.
- NHLBI Cardiovascular Cell Therapy Research Network
UF Principal Investigator: Carl J. Pepine, M.D.
- NIDCR Dental Practice-Based Research Network
UF Principal Investigator: Valeria V. Gordan, D.D.S., M.S.
- NIGMS Pharmacogenomics Research Network
UF Principal Investigator: Julie A. Johnson, Pharm.D.
- Sentinel Network for Community-Based Participatory Research
UF Principal Investigator: Linda B. Cottler, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- Moffitt Cancer Center
- NIH Clinical and Translational Science Awards Consortium
- North Florida/ South Georgia Veterans Health System
- Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute
- Scripps Florida