- Fees are generally 30 to 50 percent less than in private practice
- Open to the public (patients will be screened to ensure dental needs are compatible with educational needs)
- Dental students perform care, supervised by faculty members
- To apply for a screening appointment, download the patient pre-screening application (PDF) to print out, complete and mail to us. You may also call 352-273-9097 to request an application be mailed to you.
How to Become a Patient in the D.M.D. Student Dental Clinic
- There is a $75 fee for the screening appointment. The fee covers the cost of the limited oral exam and X-rays. The screening is completed by a faculty member experienced in selecting patients whose needs match the educational needs of our students.
- The screening does not guarantee your acceptance as a patient.
- If you have children, please note you can't bring them into the clinic area with you during a screening appointment and they can't be left unattended in waiting areas.
Patient selection and appointments
- Please complete the patient pre-screening application and mail it back to us. Accepted applicants will be contacted by an appointment coordinator.
- Patient selection is based on matching the applicant's needs to the student dentist skill level.
- The students in the D.M.D. Student Dental Clinic need to treat patients who need comprehensive (all-inclusive) dental services and need procedures that range from simple to moderately difficult: a combination of dental cleanings, fillings, simple extractions/root canals, crowns, bridges, and/or dentures.
- If you are screened and not selected as a patient we will notify you by mail.
- Selected patients must commit to at least two three-hour appointments each month until the treatment plan is completed or the patient is referred to another dentist.
- D.M.D. Student Dental Clinic fees are generally 30 to 50 percent less than in private practice. Patients are required to pay for routine care at each appointment. For extensive treatment, such as crowns or dentures, payment plans may be arranged.
- Screening fees are non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the screening appointment.
- If you have an outstanding balance with any UF College of Dentistry clinic, you will not be considered for a screening appointment.
- The college does not provide free dental care.
Other important points
- If you are screened and not selected for treatment with the D.M.D. Student Dental Clinic, you may be referred to the college's Faculty Practice, one of our graduate programs, or be advised to contact a private practice dentist.
- For persons younger than 13 years of age please contact our Pediatric (Children's) Dental Clinic at 352-273-7643 for more information.
- For dental emergencies, consisting of pain, swelling and/or fever, please contact our Student Oral Surgery Clinic at 352-273-6705 for information about our emergency dental services, or seek care at your nearest hospital emergency department.
Reduced-Fee Dental Care
UF College of Dentistry students and faculty participate in programs such as the We Care Physicians Network (352-334-7926).Such programs provide limited services for qualified individuals that may be reduced in fees.
To obtain a copy of your medical records from D.M.D. Student Dental Clinic, please contact 1-800-633-3953.
Pay your bill
Please have your billing statement along with your debit / credit card or bank account information. Your account number is located in the top righthand corner of your statement.
We accept Assurant and the Eagles dental plan now offered to UF and Shands employees. If you have different dental insurance that can be used with any provider, you will pay us at the time of service and file with your insurance company for reimbursement. We can help you with that.
UF Health is tobacco-free
Help us maintain our strong commitment to patients and to promoting good health in our communities: please don't smoke, chew tobacco or use electronic cigarettes on UF Health-owned or -operated properties. Thank you.