Clinical Translational Aging Research Series
Designing Multicomponent Interventions for Older Persons with Multifactorial Geriatric Syndromes
Heather G. Allore, PhD
Director, Biostatistics Core, Program on Aging
Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Investigator Track
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
At the conslusion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Define multicomponent interventions and contrast the different types of designs for them.
- Appraise whether a multicomponent design of an intervention trial for older adults reflects clinical practice.
- Distinguish between designs that provide an overall intervention effect and those that have component effects.
- Plan designs to minimize missing data.
- Select among different intervention designs that will allow externally valid unbiased estimates of trial outcomes.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, please contact Lea-An Steiner at 352-265-0111, Ext. 85867, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.