The Farewell Film Screening
Join us as we watch "The Farewell" online on Amazon Prime. You must have an Amazon Prime account. If you do not have an account, you can rent the movie for $4.99 on Amazon Prime. Join us by visiting "The Farewell" movie viewing page.
1. During the movie the family had a tradition saying: “when people get cancer they die, it’s not the cancer that kills them it’s the fear.” How do you interpret that quote?
2. While the grandmother was in the hospital, the doctor did not consider her being unaware of her condition as a bad thing. He said it was traditional and that it "was a good lie." Do you agree or disagree?
3. During a further discussion of the situation, it was brought up that doing this to a loved one would be illegal in America. Do you believe that this should be a legal matter?
4. Towards the end of the movie, the granddaughter came around to her family's ways of not telling her grandmother about her condition. If this were you, would you want to know or would you want for your family to carry the emotional burden for you?
How to Stream "The Farewell"
1. You must have an Amazon Prime account
2. The link for the film is here.
3. If you do NOT have an Amazon Prime account, you can rent the film for $4.99
a. You can start a 30-day free trial if you sing up for a Prime account
b. Or you can by it for $7.99
4. The movie will download onto your Amazon account, select the movie and press “Play”
5. Attached is a discussion for you to follow along and reflect on once the movie has finished.
Learn more on the NICAP website.