Bike Rodeo and Summer Safety Fair
Join UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital, the University of Florida Police Department and several community partners to learn how to help keep your child safe and healthy this summer. Kids can participate in a bicycle obstacle course, interactive games and summer activities. And all kids who attend will receive a FREE bicycle helmet and can get it securely fitted on site.
- WHEN: Saturday, March 10, 2018 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- WHERE: O’Connell Center Parking Lot: 250 Gale Lemerand Drive, Gainesville, FL 32611
- COST: FREE!
Remember to bring your bicycles and always encourage children to follow the following safety tips while riding their bicycle:
- Encourage children to wear properly fitted helmets when riding their bikes.
- Teach your kids to ride on the right side of the road, with traffic, not against it, and to use appropriate hand signals and respect traffic signals.
- Tell your kids to use bicycle lights when riding in the evening or early morning, and make sure their bikes have reflectors.
Check back for a list of this year’s community partner table exhibits.