UF Health Shands HomeCare
UF Health Shands HomeCare, especially with help from family members, is designed to assist with maintaining patients' independence as long as possible. By having a nurse or therapist treat a patient at home, an extended stay at a nursing home or another trip back to the hospital can be prevented. UF Health Shands HomeCare wants patients to enjoy the best quality of life - in their most comfortable environment.
Here is a list of services UF Health Shands HomeCare can provide in the home:
- Skilled nursing care
- Intravenous care or wound care
- Therapy services: physical, occupational or speech
- Companion/sitting service for elderly or impaired patients
- Bathing, dressing and hygiene assistance
- Assistance with daily living activities
- Transportation and errand service
- Household chores and cleaning
UF Health Shands HomeCare and Shands Jacksonville Home Health agencies offer a wide array of support services and assistance, from skilled nursing and therapy to homemaker services. Many of these services are covered under health insurance plans and Medicare. The agencies provide services for patients in 16 counties in North Central and Northeast Florida.