How to Volunteer
Volunteer Services at UF Health Shands Hospital
Welcome to UF Health Shands Hospital Volunteer Services, and thank you for considering UF Health Shands Hospital as a place to volunteer.
UF Health Shands Hospital has five different volunteer programs, each with its own application process:
- Review our service areas to decide where you would like to volunteer
- Understand our application process for each area
Interviews and Acceptance
- Interviews for college-age volunteers are scheduled at the beginning of each semester (January, May and August).
- Interviews for adult volunteers are available year round on an individual basis.
- Volunteers are not accepted for court-ordered or community service hours that need to be completed.
- Volunteers who have cars and are willing to drive are needed and will be accepted through the year.
- Volunteers who have been accepted into one of our volunteer programs must complete the orientation quiz.
The general volunteer uniform is a UF Health Shands Hospital volunteer shirt, which can be purchased at the hospital gift shop, worn with khaki pants and close-toed shoes. Badges provided by the Volunteer Department complete the uniform.
College students who volunteer are asked to commit to one full semester for a three hour shift once a week. Volunteers are allowed two absences during each semester. Those who have more than two absences during a semester must make up any additional absences.
UF parking surrounds the UF Health Shands Hospital facility. UF students should use their current campus parking decal. Students who do not have a UF decal can park in the parking garages for a fee. Any other volunteers should contact the Volunteer Services Department at 352-265-0360 for assistance.
Volunteers must leave their personal belongings in lockers at the Volunteer office. Locks are provided by the Volunteer Services department.