- Adult Psychiatry
- Child Psychiatry
UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital, our free-standing psychiatric hospital in Gainesville, has a general child and adolescent psychiatry inpatient unit and partial hospitalization program (PHP) for children ages 10 to 17 years old.
Children and adolescents are evaluated and treated for a wide range of psychiatric disorders, including mood, anxiety, disruptive behaviors and substance abuse. The program provides behavioral therapies, group therapy, family therapy, individual therapies and medication as appropriate to individual treatment plans.
Through an assessment by a team of professionals and crisis stabilization treatment, this program focuses on providing behavioral education, medication management and family therapy.
Children and adolescents in the program are placed in a structured, safe environment where they have the opportunity to learn how to live and interact with others in positive ways.
Diagnoses We Treat
- Anorexia nervosa
- Mood disorders (bipolar disorder, panic, etc.)
- Geriatric mental disorders
- Memory disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Alcohol abuse and drug abuse
- Drug dependence
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Stress and anxiety
- Panic disorder with agoraphobia
- Social phobia
Get Help Now
Call UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital at 352-265-5481.
- Center for Psychiatry & Addiction Medicine at Vero Beach
- UF Health Adult Psychiatry - Springhill
- UF Health Medical Psychology at Springhill Health Center
- UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital
- UF Health Eating Disorder Recovery Center
- UF Health Florida Recovery Center
- UF Health Florida Recovery Center at Orlando Health
- UF Health Florida Recovery Center at Tampa
UF Health Jacksonville Locations
Patient services offered by the University of Florida Department of Psychiatry at UF Health Jacksonville include:
- UF Health Jacksonville Psychiatry
- UF Psychiatry Clinic
- UF Developmental Pediatric Center
- UF Community Health Center
Find a Psychiatrist
Browse our directory to find UF Health Physicians and other health care providers offering psychiatry services.