- Adult Psychiatry
- Child Psychiatry
Your family members and significant others often can be important to your recovery process. Visiting hours are Monday through Friday, noon until 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. On weekends and holidays, the visiting hours are from 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. Depending on the number of patients and the severity of their conditions, visitors may be limited to two people per patient.
Children under the age of 14 are not permitted to visit on the adult psychiatric units. Visitors may either leave their personal belongings, such as cell phones and bags, in their own locked vehicles, or in one of our lockers in the front lobby. Any items brought in by visitors for patients must be checked by the nursing staff. Food items brought in should be in the original, unopened containers. Staff will label the food items with your name and store them in our unit kitchen.
We ask that visitors adhere to patient confidentiality and not discuss any of the other patients they may see here with anyone else.
- All visitors must check in at the receptionist desk in the front lobby. Each visitor will be given a visitor’s badge. The badge must be worn and visible at all times.
- Parking for UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital visitors is on the south side of the parking lot in front of the building.
- Security is available 24 hours a day. Visitors with safety concerns may ask staff to contact our security department for them.
- If you have a wheelchair, walker or other ambulatory assistance device, you may bring it with you. We do have a limited number of wheelchairs, walkers, and other assistive devices for patient use.
- If you require oxygen therapy, we have several rooms with an oxygen supply.
Get Help Now
Call UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital at 352-265-5481.
- Center for Psychiatry & Addiction Medicine at Vero Beach
- UF Health Adult Psychiatry - Springhill
- UF Health Medical Psychology at Springhill Health Center
- UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital
- UF Health Eating Disorder Recovery Center
- UF Health Florida Recovery Center
- UF Health Florida Recovery Center at Orlando Health
- UF Health Florida Recovery Center at Tampa
UF Health Jacksonville Locations
Patient services offered by the University of Florida Department of Psychiatry at UF Health Jacksonville include:
- UF Health Jacksonville Psychiatry
- UF Psychiatry Clinic
- UF Developmental Pediatric Center
- UF Community Health Center
Find a Psychiatrist
Browse our directory to find UF Health Physicians and other health care providers offering psychiatry services.