Non-Degree Seeking Adult Volunteers
For people who are finished with their formal education. If you are or will be enrolled in college, technical school, or a post-graduate program during the next year, please apply as a Degree Seeking Volunteer.
Complete a volunteer application.
- Summer Application Opens: 9am April 20, 2020
- Summer Application Closes: 9am May 1, 2020
Completing the application will give you access to the Volunteer Information Center (VIC), required for step two.
Call the Volunteer Services Office to sign up for a mandatory Information Session. (352) 265-0360.
- Summer Information Session dates: May 11 & 12, 2020
- Applicants who do not attend a mandatory Information Session are not eligible to volunteer that semester and will need to reapply for a future semester.
After attending the Information Session you will be invited to complete the rest of the Volunteer Requirements and schedule an appointment to be placed in a volunteer role.
Volunteer Services provides complimentary parking for their adult volunteers. UF parking surrounds the UF Health Shands Hospital. During your volunteer placement process you can park at either East or West Parking Garages. Parking vouchers will be provided at the volunteer office. Below are the locations of our Visitor parking garages.
- Gated Garage 10 (East)
Located on the northeast corner of Archer Road and Newell Drive, across from the Pediatric E.R.
- Levels 3 and 4 of Garage 2 (West)
Adjacent to Wilmot Gardens on the northwest corner of Archer Road and Center Drive across from UF Health Shands Medical Plaza (accessed from both Mowry Road and Gale Lemerand Drive )
- Parking and Driving Directions
- UF Health Shands Hospital Interior Map
Call the Volunteer Office for additional information. (352) 265-0360.