Patricia Pereira, D.D.S.,Ph.D.
Dr. Patricia Pereira received her DDS degree from Brazil, a PhD degree and Post-doctoral training in Operative Dentistry from Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan. Dr. Pereira was an assistant Professor at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for 6 years, then professor at the University of Brasilia, Brazil, and joined the Division of Operative Dentistry at University of Florida in July 2015.
Dr. Pereira has devoted her private practice to cosmetic and esthetic dentistry, involving direct and indirect bonded restorations.
Dr. Pereira is a member of various professional national and international organizations, and serves on editorial boards of international journals. She has also published over 80 peer-reviewed journal articles and presented many scientific papers and continuing education courses, both nationally and internationally.
Univeristy of Planalto Central
Post Doctoral Training
Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Patos de Minas Educational Association
Honors and Awards
- 2011 IADR Heraeus Kulzer Award (mentor for Carina Strano Castellan);
- 2005 E.H. Hatton Award, Brazilian Division of the Hatton Awards Competition (comentor forAndr and eacute; Reis);
- 2005 Student Research Mentor Award (presented by the student research group of the School of Dentistry, UNC Chapel Hill;
- 2004 Academy of Dental Materials Paffenbarger Award (mentor for Andr and eacute; Reis);
- 2003 GC America Grand prize winner for best research project (mentor for Ricardo Walter)