Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
The Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Clinic is designed to provide care to patients with unusual or diagnostically challenging oral lesions or conditions.
Oral and maxillofacial pathology is the study of diseases of the head and neck including the mouth or oral cavity as well as the jaws, salivary glands, temporomandibular joints, perioral skin etc. Oral and maxillofacial pathologists diagnose and treat diseases affecting the oral and maxillofacial region. Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology is one of the ADA recognized dental specialties.
Staffed by clinicians with specialty training and expertise in oral and maxillofacial pathology, the clinic is prepared to diagnose and, if indicated or requested, treat:
- Benign, pre-malignant, and malignant oral lesions
- Vesiculoulcerative disorders
- Oral manifestations of systemic diseases
- Osseous pathology of the jaws
- Oral manifestations of immuno-deficiency