- Pediatric Heart
- Pediatric Lung
Appointment and Referral
A pancreas transplant is needed when Type I Diabetes Mellitus is not controlled by more conservative measures.
To refer a potential transplant candidate we require a history and physical, most current labs and insurance information be mailed, sent or faxed to the pretransplant office.
The following information will be helpful in evaluating potential candidates and may prevent duplication of tests if it is available:
- Chest X-ray, EKG, history and physical - within the past six months
- Renal and liver labs and CBC with differential within the past month
- Results of HbsAB, HbsAg, HepC, HIV and VDRL or RPR within the past three months
- Dobutamine stress echo or cardiac cath results for: patients with diabetes, hypertension for more than seven years, patients with a history of cardiac problems or peripheral vascular disease
- GI consult for patients with a history of peptic ulcer disease, GI bleed or dysmotility problems (if applicable)
- Any consult obtained for a specific medical or psychological problem
- Copy of insurance cards (front and back)
- 24 hour urine for creatinine clearance if patient is not on dialysis
After a referral is received, the information is given to the transplant financial counselor who contacts the patient and his or her insurance provider to verify transplant coverage. After insurance coverage is verified the patient is scheduled for an outpatient evaluation.
Transplant Programs & Practices
Browse our locations directory for practices related to pre- and post-transplant medicine.
Browse our directory to find UF Health Physicians and other health care providers offering pre- and post-transplant care.
You can make a gift to help enhance the care of transplant patients.
This Web site gives you the opportunity to join Florida’s organ, tissue and eye donor registry by signing up online.