- Pediatric Transplant
Transplant Center: Post-transplant Housing
For many of our transplant patients, after-care is required, which means staying in the area for close monitoring and frequent follow-up visits. We offer several options for long-term stays while you receive this post-transplant care after your surgery.
Your social worker will be able to help you make arrangements for your stay. You may take advantage of discounts at nearby hotels. We also have partnered with The Gables of Gainesville, an apartment and condo complex just nine minutes away from the hospital, to offer our patients affordable short and long-term lease options.
- With short stay leases (with a 2 week minimum), you can move out whenever is convenient with your medical plan of care. If you are interested in taking a tour, please speak to your social worker and he/she will make the referral.
- A 2/2 unit is $1700/month, while a 3/3 unit runs $1800/month. Electricity is included up to $200-$250.00, depending on unit size. Please ask your social worker about the deposit cost.
- While a hotel room offers limited space and privacy, a two or three bedroom condo provides both the space for additional family members and the ability to have separate spaces for both patient and caregiver.
- Pets are also welcome at The Gables, with an additional deposit and monthly fee. The renter is responsible for regular cleaning of the unit.
- Move-ins occur Monday through Friday at 3pm, with move-outs Monday through Friday at any time.
- Condo rental includes access to a community pool, washer and dryer in each unit, use of community clubhouse, gym access (for family members) and a garage .
Transplant Programs & Practices
Browse our locations directory for practices related to pre- and post-transplant medicine.
Browse our directory to find UF Health Physicians and other health care providers offering pre- and post-transplant care.
You can make a gift to help enhance the care of transplant patients.
This Web site gives you the opportunity to join Florida’s organ, tissue and eye donor registry by signing up online.