Patient Support Groups
Bariatric Surgery Support Groups
Support group meetings are offered once a month and designed to assist in the lifetime journey of post-surgery weight loss. Each meeting will offer an educational topic followed by an opportunity for patients to share their success and pitfalls with fellow attendees.
Those welcome to attend our bariatric support groups:
- Bariatric surgery investigators seeking information and the “real-story”
- Pre-op patients waiting for bariatric surgery
- Early post-op patients or “newbies”
- Long-term veteran patients to support others and just checking in
- Back on trackers seeking to re-lose pounds
- Friends or family members
- Professionals-medical or other
Our support group meetings are intended for post-surgical weight loss patients of the UF Health Bariatric Surgery Center; however, anyone new to the Gainesville area who is receiving or considering care with us is welcome to attend. There is no charge for attending the meeting and parking vouchers are available if needed. Reservations are not required.
Upcoming meeting dates and times
- 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., every third Thursday of the month.
Please contact Gwen Crispell, RN,MSN, CBN, UF Health bariatric coordinator, for further questions, concerns or topics of interest at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352.265.0111 x29634.
If you are interested in finding out more about obesity, treatments for severe and morbid obesity and the outcomes of surgical treatment, please watch our online seminar. All potential bariatric surgery patients must complete this seminar prior to their first consultation with a UF Health bariatric surgeon.