- Clinical Services
- Adult Congenital Heart Program
- Cardiogenetics Program
- Cardiomyopathy and Heart Failure Clinic
- Fetal Cardiac Program
- Interventional Cardiology
- NonInvasive Imaging Lab
- Pediatric Cardiac MRI/CT Center
- Pediatric Heart and Lung Transplant Program
- Electrophysiology Program and Arrhythmia Care
- Single Ventricle Home Monitoring Program
- Inpatient Services
- Patient & Family Resources
- Quality & Outcomes
The UF Health Congenital Heart Center has a dedicated Congenital Interventional Cardiac Catheterization Lab. With Curt Fudge, MD, as its director, the UF pediatric interventional cardiologists perform about 300 diagnostic and interventional catheterizations each year. The use of interventional catheterization means that UF Health’s congenital heart specialists can repair defects in children and adults through blood vessels in the leg, minimizing or eliminating the need for major incisions.
Cardiac catheterization allows doctors to gather essential information about the anatomy of the patient’s heart and vessels. In many cases, congenital defects — such as holes or narrowed valves or vessels — can be repaired during the catheterization. Since catheterization is less invasive than open-heart surgery, patients leave the hospital and are back to their regular activities sooner.
Our interventional catheterization lab serves children and adults with CHD and other acquired pediatric heart disease.
Our services include:
- UF Health Congenital Heart Center
- UF Health Pediatric Specialties — Medical Plaza
- UF Health Pediatric Specialties – Halifax Health
- UF Health Pediatric Specialties – Oakhurst
- The Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Sacred Heart
The UF Health Congenital Heart Center provides patients, their families and referring physicians with information about appointments, referrals, clinical services, and clinic locations. Patients can request information by calling us. We are available to speak with you during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., EST.
UF Health Congenital Heart Center
1600 SW Archer Road
P.O. Box 100296
Gainesville, FL. 32610
Toll Free Phone: 866.696.2333