The Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences sees patients in the UF Health Hearing Center, located in UF Health The Oaks. Our clinic serves the needs of the individual from initial evaluation through the rehabilitation process.
Our clinical staff are all: Board Certified & Florida Licensed Audiologists. Our staff is committed to maintaining the highest standard of excellence in all areas of service to the patient. UF Health Hearing Center – The Oaks stands alone in the area as the premier center for delivering hearing services to individuals of all ages.
Complete Audiological Evaluations:
- Comprehensive audiological evaluation: Includes speech and pure tone diagnostics.
- Otoacoustic Emission Testing (DPOAEs): Objective measure to measure inner ear functionality
- Acoustic Reflex Testing: A retro-cochlear site of lesion test
Complete Vestibular (balance) Evaluations:
- Electronystagmography Testing: Measures how the vestibular system, eyes and brain interact to keep your balance and position.
- State of the art Posturography Testing: Platform test to identify how a person's eyes, somatosensory and vestibular system work together to keep one's balance. This test helps us determine if physical/occupational therapy may be an option for a person with balance issues.
Our Doctors of Audiology have the experience and training to test individuals of any age from newborn to adult.
A new audiology retail store, UF Health Hearing Center – Hearing Aids is also available at this location.
Conditions & Services
- Acoustic reflex testing
- Age-related hearing loss
- Hearing loss
- Hearing loss - infants
- Hearing or speech impairment - resources
- Occupational hearing loss
- Occupational hearing loss
- Otoacoustic emission testing
To obtain a copy of your medical records from UF Health Hearing Center – The Oaks, please contact (352) 265-6820.
Pay your billconsult our billing section.
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.
Financial AssistancePatients who lack insurance coverage or are unable to pay their portion of the healthcare services they receive may qualify for financial assistance based upon their income level.
UF Health is tobacco-free
Help us maintain our strong commitment to patients and to promoting good health in our communities: please don't smoke, chew tobacco or use electronic cigarettes on UF Health-owned or -operated properties. Thank you.