The UF Hemophilia and Hemostasis Treatment Center at UF Health is dedicated to treating bleeding or clotting disorders that require highly specialized care.
Our multidisciplinary team consists of University of Florida faculty who are experts in dealing with bleeding disorders, a dedicated nurse coordinator, a physical therapist, a case manager and dental providers. These core services are part of an annual comprehensive visit to the center. In addition, services, such as pharmacy, orthopedics and gynecology, may be accessed through our center.
Who We Treat
- Any person with a bleeding disorder, including hemophilia, another factor deficiency, von Willebrand disease and platelet dysfunction.
- Any person who has had blood clots or is at risk for them, whether it is due to an inherited condition or unknown reasons.
Our center also provides coordinated care with Anita Rajasekhar, MD, and other hematology physicians to provide a smooth transition as pediatric patients grow into adulthood.
- We have several hematologists who specialize in bleeding disorders
- We have a 24-hour on-call adult hematologist available 365 days of the year
- We have a specialty coagulation lab at UF Health
- We have a pharmacy for prescriptions
- Our goal is to provide our patients with lifelong comprehensive care
Visit our department page for more information on bleeding and clotting disorders and the comprehensive care provided by our team.
Learn More About
- Acquired Platelet Defects
- Congenital Platelet Defects
- Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia
- Von Willebrand Disease
- Gene Therapy for Hemophilia
Our Hemophilia and Hemostasis Treatment Center is involved in the community and enjoys hosting events for our patients. Each year, we hold a football kickoff and education conference, a holiday party, as well as participating in the Gator Clot Trot to raise awareness for Hemophilia.
Faculty and Staff
- Anita Rajasekhar, MD – Director, Adult Hematology
- Tung Wynn, MD – Director, Hemophilia Treatment Center
- Ann Dove, RN – Nurse Coordinator, Pediatric Hematology
- Jacob Brunny, RN – Nurse Coordinator, Adult Hematology
- Sarah Deason, MBA – Clinical Case Manager II, Adult and Pediatric Hematology
- Tatiana Ramirez-Hiller - Research Coordinator II
- Justin Graham – Dental Resident
- Melissa Lingis, PhD, CCRP Assistant Director, Clinical Trials
- Mona Sayedul Huq, PhD, CHES® Assistant Director of Investigator-Initiated Research
- Jessica L. Cline, BS, Clinical Research Coordinator III
- Lauren Droske, Clinical Research Coordinator II, Adult Hematology
To obtain a copy of your medical records from UF Health Hemophilia and Hemostasis Treatment Center , please contact 352-265-8199.
Pay your billconsult our billing section.
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.
Financial AssistancePatients who lack insurance coverage or are unable to pay their portion of the healthcare services they receive may qualify for financial assistance based upon their income level.
UF Health is tobacco-free
Help us maintain our strong commitment to patients and to promoting good health in our communities: please don't smoke, chew tobacco or use electronic cigarettes on UF Health-owned or -operated properties. Thank you.