Taking the steps below will allow our team to address your pain and plan your journey to relief.
- Complete the questionnaire about your pain related issues with as much detail as possible.
- Provide and discuss your medical history and participate in a physical exam
- If applicable, please bring any treatment records, x-ray or MRI studies done to diagnose or treat your condition outside of the UF Health system.
- Prepare to review the interpretations of your condition from other health care professionals.
UF Health is a teaching facility. Resident physicians and fellows may participate in your care. Their participation will always be under the supervision of one of our specialist physicians.
Conditions & Services
- Cancer pain management
- Cervical Herniated Disk
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Compression fractures of the back
- Epidural injections for back pain
- Failed back surgery syndrome
- Herniated disk
- Intervertebral procedures
- Joint pain
- Low back pain - chronic
- Lumbar Herniated Disk
- Lumbar or cervical facet pain
- Neck pain
- Nerve block
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Radiofrequency ablation therapy
- Sacroiliac pain
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Spinal stenosis
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.