- Primary Care
- Specialty Care
- Critical Care Medicine
- Developmental Behavior
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Genetics & Metabolism
- Hospital Medicine
- Immunology & Rheumatology
- Infectious Diseases
- Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Transplant (heart and lung)
- After Hours & ER
- Children's Hospital
The pediatric diabetes & endocrinology program at UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital is ranked as one of the best programs in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and is the highest-ranked program in Florida.
UF Health physicians provide clinical consultative services for children with a wide variety of endocrine and metabolic problems in outpatient clinics, in outreach clinics supported by telemedicine and to patients hospitalized at UF Health Shands Children's Hospital.
Our pediatric endocrinology team includes eight board-certified pediatric endocrinologists, two pediatric psychologists, three nurse practitioners and pediatric endocrinology fellows.
Division members direct the state of Florida-funded regional diabetes and endocrine program of Children's Medical Services and the state-funded Diabetes Research Education and Treatment Center.
Programs and services
- Infant screening program follow-up for hypothyroidism and congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Outpatient clinics for Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes comprising education, dietary counseling, psychological intervention and intensive therapy training, including insulin pump use
- Outpatient and inpatient management of cystic fibrosis-related diabetes
- Diabetes Camp programs during the summer and family weekend programs throughout Florida year-round
- Obesity & Metabolic Program for children with hyperlipidemia or obesity with comorbidities of the metabolic syndrome
- Diagnosis and treatment of growth disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders of sexual maturation
- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders of bone and calcium metabolism
- Diagnosis and treatment of metabolic disorders affecting carbohydrate metabolism
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired disorders of the endocrine system, thyroid, adrenal, pituitary, ovaries and testes
- Diagnosis and treatment of Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Outreach clinics using telemedicine
- Intensive psychosocial support program for diabetes using telemedicine
- Community advocacy for children with diabetes and for the prevention of obesity
As well as providing top-notch clinical care for our patients, our physicians are proud to participate in training the next-generation of pediatric endocrinologists. Learn more about our faculty and research and Pediatric Endocrine Fellowship Training Program.
Browse our directory to find UF Health Physicians and other health care providers offering pediatric endocrinology services.
For Referring Physicans
UF Health - Gainesville Resources
- Admissions at UF Health Shands Hospital
- Child-Life Program at UF Health
- Health Encyclopedia
- Clinical Trials