- About Us
- Patients & Families
- Referring Physicians
Awards and Recognition
U.S. News Best Children’s Hospitals 2018-2019
The University of Florida Health Shands Children’s Hospital has been recognized as one of the nation’s best hospitals for children in six medical specialties, according to U.S. News & World Report rankings.
In its annual Best Children’s Hospitals rankings, U.S. News ranked the following six UF Health pediatric programs among the nation’s best this year:
- Cardiology and Heart Surgery - 19th nationally
- Pulmonology - 22nd nationally
- Diabetes and Endocrinology - 27th nationally
- Neonatology - 39th nationally
- Cancer - 49th nationally
- Neurology and Neurosurgery - 50th nationally
The children’s hospital’s pediatric cardiology and heart surgery program was the highest-rated in Florida for the third consecutive year. Also ranked highest in Florida were pulmonology, and diabetes and endocrinology.
For more information, read the full press release on our rankings.