- Coming to UF Health
- While You're Here
- For Patients
- Going Home
Shuttles and Buses
UF Health offers a variety of transportation services to its patients to make parking and transportation around Gainesville easier and more convenient.
Please remember that UF Health is located on University of Florida campus; pay attention to where you are parking. Make sure you do not park in a staff or restricted areas because these areas require a decal. Also, please do not park in the front circle at UF Health Shands Hospital. This drive is intended to make patient drop-off and pick-up easy for all of our patients. Parking for patients and visitors in certain lots are free. Visit the parking page for more information.
- Free shuttles are available for patients and visitors with various pick-up and drop-off points. Shuttles are equipped for people with disabilities.
- Handicapped-accessible shuttle stops are made on the top of the parking garages.
- UF Health Shands Medical Plaza: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., every 20 to 25 minutes
- Davis Cancer Pavilion: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., every 20 to 25 minutes
- All other facilities: 7 a.m. – 9 p.m., every 20 to 25 minutes
Pick-up and Drop-off Points
- West Parking Garage
- UF Health Shands Medical Plaza
- Davis Cancer Pavilion
- UF Health Shands Hospital - West Entrance, Main Entrance
- Ronald McDonald House
- American Cancer Society’s Winn-Dixie
- Hope Lodge
- Children’s Medical Services (Gerold L. Schiebler Building)
- Renal Dialysis Unit (upon request)
- Circle of Hope — UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital, UF Health Heart & Vascular Hospital and UF Health Neuromedicine Hospital
- Main Entrance (upon request). Call Dispatch at 5-0109 to request pick up.
All shuttles are equipped with GPS to make it easy for riders to be aware of when busses will arrived at scheduled stops. Use the TransLoc Rider application to track (select UF Health as a transit system).
Public Bus Service
Gainesville's public bus service, RTS, offers transportation throughout Gainesville. Fares range from $0.75 to $1.50. Some passengers are eligible to ride for free. Exact Change Required. For More information go to the RTS site.
Almost all RTS buses are equipped with GPS to make it easy for riders to be aware of when buses will arrive at scheduled stops.
- Track buses on line using the RTS Transit Visualization Service
- Download the app for your smart phone
(and the select Gainesville as the city you want to view)
- All-Day Pass $3.00
- Adult - $1.50
- Children shorter than the fare box - Free
- Senior Citizen 65+ - $ .75 (Photo ID w/age or Photo ID and Medicare Card Required)
- Medicaid Recipients - $ .75 (Photo ID and Medicaid Card Required)
- ADA Certified (ADA Card Required) - Free
- SFC & City College Students - $ .75 (Valid Photo ID Required)
- High, Middle and Elementary School Children - Free
- UF and UF Health employees - Free