- Coming to UF Health
- While You're Here
- For Patients
- Going Home
General hours of operation are weekdays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Main Number
- Admitting - ext. 50236
- Arts in Medicine - ext. 30880
- Billing – UF Health Shands Hospital and programs - ext. 50355
- Billing – UF Health Physicians - ext. 57906
- Chaplain/pastoral services - ext. 50224
- Discharge planner - ext. 50224
- Emergency room (adults) - (operator) 0
- Emergency room (children) - (operator) 0
- Food and nutrition services - ext. 43859
- Gift shop - ext. 50121
- Interpreters - (operator) 0
- Lost and found - ext. 50109
- Medical records - ext. 50131
- Operator, UF Health Shands Hospital - (operator) 0
- Patient advocates - ext. 50123
- Patient condition information - (operator) 0
- Social workers, Patient & Family Resources - ext. 50224
- Support groups - ext. 50224
- Valet parking - ext. 46097
- Volunteer Services - ext. 50360
Telephones are provided in all patient rooms.
The UF Health operator is unable to forward incoming calls to patient rooms from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. Incoming calls may be forwarded to nursing stations at the caller’s request
UF Health Shands Hospital
Hospital phones are located in all patient rooms. A phone equipped with a TDD (Telecommunication Device for the Deaf ) can be arranged via the patient’s nurse.
UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital
The main phone numbers at the UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital begin with the prefix “733.” These numbers are referred to as direct inward dial numbers.
Calling a department WITHIN the hospital?
Dial the last five digits of the number.
- Phone numbers listed as five-digit numbers can only be accessed by using a phone within the hospital system.
- Local Calls Dial 9 + the seven-digit number
- Long Distance Calls Dial 9 + the area code + the seven-digit number. (Collect/Calling Card/Credit Card/Third Party Billed)
- Toll Free Calls Dial 9 + 1 + 10-digit number