- Coming to UF Health
- While You're Here
- For Patients
- Going Home
UF Health Shands Hospital Patient Guide: Telephone Directory
General hours of operation are weekdays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Main Number: +1 (352) 265-0111
- Admitting: +1 (352) 265-0236
- Billing: +1 (352) 265-7906
- Emergency room (adults and children): +1 (352) 733-0800
- Operator, Patient Condition Information, UF Health Shands Hospital: +1 (352) 265-0111 and press "0"
- Arts in Medicine: +1 (352) 733-0880
- Food and Nutritional Services: +1 (352) 265-0400
- Gift Shop: +1 (352) 265-0121
- Interpreters: +1 (352) 353-5083
- Lost and Found: +1 (352) 265-0109
- Medical Records: +1 (352) 265-0131
- Patient and Family Resources: +1 (352) 265-0224
- Volunteer Services: +1 (352) 265-0360
Telephones are provided in all patient rooms.
The UF Health operator is unable to forward incoming calls to patient rooms from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. Incoming calls may be forwarded to nursing stations at the caller’s request
UF Health Shands Hospital
Hospital phones are located in all patient rooms. A phone equipped with a TDD (Telecommunication Device for the Deaf ) can be arranged via the patient’s nurse.
UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital
The main phone numbers at the UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital begin with the prefix “733.” These numbers are referred to as direct inward dial numbers.
Calling a department WITHIN the hospital?
Dial the last five digits of the number.
- Phone numbers listed as five-digit numbers can only be accessed by using a phone within the hospital system.
- Local Calls Dial 9 + the seven-digit number
- Long Distance Calls Dial 9 + the area code + the seven-digit number. (Collect/Calling Card/Credit Card/Third Party Billed)
- Toll Free Calls Dial 9 + 1 + 10-digit number