- For Patients
- Our Team
- Clinical Trials
- For Physicians
- Contact & Locations
“Providing comprehensive cardiovascular care for athletes at all levels."
Our dedicated UF Health Sports and Exercise Cardiology team offers a multidisciplinary approach to comprehensively evaluate and manage cardiac illnesses in adult athletes who are at risk for, have been diagnosed with, or are recovering from cardiovascular disease. We work with the full range of athletes, including sports enthusiasts, competitive, elite and masters athletes’ at the high school, college, professional and recreational levels. Our program aims to maximize the performance of each individual athlete, allowing them to reach their goals, while at the same time, maximizing safety by systematically evaluating for potential cardiac disease.
Below are examples of the many reasons to come to the Sports and Exercise Cardiology Clinic:
- Pre-participation athlete cardiovascular screening
- Evaluation of symptoms such as shortness of breath during training or competition, chest pain, passing out or fainting, or palpitations
- Evaluation of an unexplained deterioration in performance
- Clearance to return to play after an event or treatment
- Risk factors or family history of cardiovascular disease or sudden cardiac disease
- Establishing preventive cardiac care
- Comprehensive cardiovascular screening