Thank you for choosing UF Health Surgical Specialists – Shands Hospital for your health care needs.
Our surgeons are faculty members at UF, expertly trained and board-certified in General/Gastrointenstinal/Oncologic (including the specialties of colorectal, pancreatic, breast, gastroesophageal, melanoma and soft tissue sarcoma, endocrine/thyroid), thoracic and cardiovascular, trauma and vascular surgery. Our clinic practice offers a wide array of surgical consultations and evaluations.
To schedule an appointment, please contact us at one of the following numbers:
- Breast Center – (352) 265-7070
- General Surgery - (352) 265-0535
- Cardiothoracic Surgery - (352) 265-5470
- Oncologic Surgery - (352) 265-0535
- Pelvic Floor – (352) 265-0535
- Trauma Surgery - (352) 265-0535
- Vascular Surgery - (352) 265-9928
Our courteous and friendly staff looks forward to serving you!
Conditions & Services
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair - open
- Angioplasty and stent placement - carotid artery
- Aortic aneurysm repair - endovascular
- Aortic angiography
- Aortic dissection
- Aortic valve surgery - minimally invasive
- Aortic valve surgery - open
- Arterial Disease
- Arterial insufficiency
- Atrial fibrillation or flutter
- Bariatric Surgery
- Biliary Cancer
- Biliary Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Breast cancer
- Carotid artery surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Colorectal polyps
- Comprehensive Vein Treatment
- Congenital heart defect - corrective surgery
- Coronary heart disease
- Cosmetic breast surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Gastroesophageal Cancer
- Gastroesophageal Surgery
- Hand Surgery
- Heart bypass surgery
- Heart transplant
- Hemodialysis access
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Limb Salvage Therapy
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Surgery
- Liver biopsy
- Liver cancer - Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Lung surgery
- Lung transplant
- Mesenteric angiography
- Mesenteric artery ischemia
- Pancreatic Surgery
- Pancreatic cancer
- Peripheral artery bypass - leg
- Peripheral artery disease - legs
- Sarcoma Soft Tissue Cancer
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Trauma Surgery
To obtain a copy of your medical records from UF Health Surgical Specialists - Shands Hospital, please contact 352-265-0535.
Pay your billconsult our billing section.
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.
Patients who lack insurance coverage or are unable to pay their portion of the healthcare services they receive may qualify for financial assistance based upon their income level.
UF Health is tobacco-free
Help us maintain our strong commitment to patients and to promoting good health in our communities: please don't smoke, chew tobacco or use electronic cigarettes on UF Health-owned or -operated properties. Thank you.