UF Health Telehealth: Participating Specialties
• Enroll your child in school-based telehealth visits.
At UF Health, we strive to make receiving care easy. A growing number of specialties and services are participating in our telehealth program at UF Health. We provide telehealth in four areas of patient services: dentistry, pediatrics, primary care and specialty care. In addition, the Student Health Care Center offers telehealth appointments.
Primary and Specialty Care
The UF Health pediatric team is ready to help with your child's health care needs through telehealth.
- Pediatrics primary care patients can connect with one of our providers from the comfort of your home during the open hours of our UF Health Pediatrics practices, including Pediatrics After Hours.
- Pediatrics specialty care patients, including neurosurgery and cardiology, can schedule telehealth appointments and check-ups.
- Enroll your child in school-based telehealth visits.
- Learn more about the pediatrics telehealth program.
All primary care locations are now offering telehealth visits. Please contact your provider to schedule an appointment and determine if a telehealth visit is right for you. Your physician’s office will provide detailed instructions on how to complete your visit through our telehealth program or advise you if an in-person visit is recommended.
Our world-class specialty care physicians participate in UF Health's telehealth program to provide you with the care you need when you need it. Specialty telehealth appointments can include consultations, examinations and follow-up visits.
Many of our specialty care visits are evaluated for urgency and eligibility to participate in a telehealth visit. If your health care provider determines an in-person visit is beneficial to your care plan, you may be scheduled for a follow-up visit. Some specialties are only offering telehealth visits on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact your provider to schedule an appointment and determine if a telehealth visit is right for you.
If you have an emergency oral health need, please complete the form below to request a video appointment with a UF dentist.
After you complete the request, a UF dentist will email you a Zoom link to begin your video appointment. Zoom is a videoconferencing platform and works best with a cell phone with a camera, or a computer with a camera.
- Video appointments are currently for emergency care only
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday thru Friday
- Cost: $40
- Video appointments are held on a safe and secure Protected Health Information-approved Zoom network to protect patient privacy.
Video Appointments Can Help if You Have:
- Swelling either inside or outside the mouth and jaw
- Large, fast growing swelling that affects your eye or your ability to breathe
- An adult tooth that has been knocked out of place or lost as a result of trauma
- Uncontrolled bleeding from your mouth
- Severe dental pain that is not manageable with over-the-counter or prescription medications
- Pain after we removed a tooth
- Dental treatment required before critical medical procedures, such as a transplant or radiation therapy of the head and neck
- Biopsy of suspected cancer
If you are having trouble breathing or believe that you have a life threatening emergency, call 911 immediately.