- For Media
Director, Strategic Communications
Kim has spent 20-plus years writing, editing and developing strategic communications programs and campaigns. Her team supports UF Health with system communications: They’re like an in-house PR agency providing internal, business, public affairs and issues/crisis communications. Her superhero teammates are Michelle Moore, assistant director; Rachel Rivera, communications coordinator; Nacuya Rucker, communications specialist; Juanita Colorado, staff assistant; and college interns each semester. In a previous life, Kim was assistant director for Shands HealthCare Marketing and PR. Before that, she was the lead coordinator for two annual festivals for the City of Gainesville Division of Cultural Affairs (the fall Downtown Festival & Art Show and the Hoggetowne Medieval Faire). Kim is active with the International Association of Business Communicators and volunteers as Advisory Council co-founder and chair for the City of Gainesville/Alachua County Senior Recreation Center. She holds a journalism degree from UF.
- Uses innovative multi-media communications tools to reach target audiences with timely, relevant and transparent information to encourage employee engagement, a positive patient experience and public awareness and trust.
- Provides strategic communications counsel to senior executives and takes a lead role in issues management and crisis communications.
- Manages core staff and assembles cross-functional, project-specific teams to develop and implement comprehensive communications plans for academic health center clients and programs to support UF Health strategic priorities.
- Develops communications and advocacy efforts to support public affairs and community relations.
- Serves as lead Public Information Officer on the hospital Incident Command Team in response to community and regional emergencies.