All of the following requirements must be completed in order for us to place you in a volunteer role.
- Please use this checklist to help ensure you have everything completed.
- You will also need to bring the checklist to your placement appointment.
Complete the online orientation modules
Log into myTraining (Non-UF students will need to create a temporary account to access the online orientation materials. Click here for a guide to walk you through the process.)
Complete the following training modules:
Print the certificate of completion for each training module. Certificates can be accessed by clicking on the small certificate icon next to each module listed in your “Training Transcript”.
Complete the Security & Confidentiality Form
- Download the Security and Cofidentiality Form
- Please write “Volunteer Services” in the box labeled “Entity or Department”
- If you do not have a badge ID or UF ID, please leave this field blank.
Read the Code of Conduct and the Volunteer Handbook
- Code of Conduct
- Volunteer Handbook - College Student
- Volunteer Handbook - Non-Degree Seeking Adult
- Just like employees, all volunteers are expected to follow UF Health’s Code of Conduct.
- Volunteers are also expected to have read the Volunteer Handbook and adhere to all policies and procedures outlined therein.
- During your placement appointment, you will sign an acknowledgement form that you have read these documents and agree to abide by them. It is not necessary to print the last page from the Code of Conduct.
Obtain two (2) copies of medical records from your doctor, high school, parents, or college verifying the following:
Documentation of two (2) measles/mumps/rubella vaccinations or serological (laboratory testing) proof of immunity to measles (rubeola) and rubella (German measles)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox):
Verification of having Chicken Pox through medical documentation of the disease OR documentation of two varicella vaccinations
- Complete Hepatitis B vaccine series (3 vaccinations):
Required for those interested in volunteering in the Emergency Room, or Dental Clinics
Documentation of tDap vaccination received when 11 years or older
- Proof of current flu vaccination (Required September – April)
UF students and UF Health patients may use myUFHealth to obtain their records. Non-degree seeking adult applicants who are unable to obtain immunization records should contact Volunteer Services.
Obtain Occupational Health Clearance
The Occupational Health Clearance Packet will be provided at the Information Session, along with the dates and times volunteers can obtain clearance for each semester. Bring the Occupational Health Clearance Packet and a copy of your immunization records to Volunteer Services (Room G153) during the clearance period to obtain your clearance. Occupational Health will keep the copy of your immunization records. You will need to bring another copy to your placement appointment.
Dental Volunteers ONLY
Volunteers interested in the dental clinics must complete the following in order to be in compliance with UF College of Dentistry:
- BBP/BMW Dentistry training module (print the certificate of completion).
- Complete the University of Florida Confidentiality Agreement and print out the signed agreement.
- Print the BBP form and fill it out. All three Hepatitis B vaccines are required in order to volunteer in the Dental Clinics.
You CANNOT be placed as a dental volunteer if you do not bring this required dental paperwork to your placement appointment along with all other required volunteering documentation.