Please share these instructions with your colleagues as needed.
Our IT Services teams work hard to support customers across the organization. We’re here to help those approved get set up with remote access to work tools and to address other relevant technology topics.
Virtual private network (VPN)
A virtual Private Network (VPN) allows you to connect remotely to the university network. A VPN encrypts information shared in a connection. Encryption protects health information, passwords and other sensitive data.
- Choose the VPN software that works with your computer operating system.
- To login, use your Gatorlink username and password
Both UF and UF Health provide Virtual Private Network clients:
UF VPN Software
UF Health / Shands VPN Software
- Apple [MAC] (.zip file)
- Windows - 32 bit systems
- Windows - 64 bit systems
- Windows - ARM Processors
- Linux - Red Hat - 64 bit systems
- Linux - Debian - 64 bit systems
Guides and documentation
Guide to installing the Anyconnect client.
How to use Anyconnect.
UF Health / Shands VPN
- If you are experiencing difficulties, please open a service request with UF Health IT Helpdesk or call (352) 265-0526.
- Please be sure to indicate that you are using the HSC VPN at ufhealth.org/virtual-private-network-vpn
UF Gatorlink VPN Service
The Gatorlink VPN service provides secure remote access to the University of Florida network and makes it appear as if your computer were physically attached to the campus network. The Gatorlink VPN service is provided by Network Services and the UF Helpdesk. Once you install the client, you will automatically be updated when a new client is available.