Alzheimer disease: Approach to Care
Al’z Place helps families dealing with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Searching for help for your loved on with Alzheimer's or dementia? Families in the Gainesville area can get the assistance they need at Al’z Place, an adult daycare a program provided by ElderCare of Alachua County. Daily therapeutic activities include failure-free exercises that stimulate the mind and body, while also giving their caregivers a respite. For more information, call (352) 375-3000.
Top 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer's
As individuals age, there are subtle changes to memory, thinking and reasoning skills. However, memory loss that disrupts your daily life may be a symptom of Alzheimer's or other dementias. Here are the top 10 warning signs of Alzheimer's from the Alzheimer's Association. If you notice one or more of these symptoms, make an appointment with your physician.
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life.
- Challenges in planning or solving problems.
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure.
- Confusion with time or place.
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships.
- New problems with words in speaking or writing.
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps.
- Decreased or poor judgement.
- Withdrawal from work or social activities.
- Changes in mood and personality.
Learn more about the typical age-related memory loss problems compared to Alzheimer's symptoms.