Who Will Speak For You?
You are invited to join us for any of the activities listed below to celebrate National Health Care Decisions Month, April 2021.
Movies that promote the importance of completing advance directives:
- “The Bucket List”
- “Never Let Me Go”
- “Patch Adams”
- “P.S. I Love You”
- “The Departed”
- "This is Where I Leave You”
Expert Presentation: “Honoring Patients’ Choices for End-of-Life Care”
Virtual presentation by Marie-Carmelle Elie, MD. Dr. Elie is Haven Hospice’s Chief Medical Officer and
Associate Professor at the University of Florida in both the Department of Emergency Medicine and
Internal Medicine, Division of Palliative Medicine.
Songs About Completing Advance Directives
For information about advance care planning and advance directives, veterans are encouraged to
contact the Advance Care Planning Program Coordinator or their PACT Team Social Worker or call (352)
548-6000 ext 106067.
- Advance Care Planning Information for Veterans
- Honoring Veteran’s Healthcare Preferences
- Panelist discussion
Upcoming conversations discussing advance directives and advance care planning.
- Community Hospice (Virtual)
“No One Can See the Future - Are You Prepared?”
- Williams Temple with Pastor Feathers
April 8 at 7 p.m.
- Oak Hammock (Virtual)
April 9 at 1:30 p.m.
- Hunter’s Crossing (Virtual)
April 14 at 2 p.m.
- Haven Hospice: Who Will Speak For You? (Virtual)
April 21 at 5 p.m.
Hosted by Haven Hospice Community Resources Coordinator John Jordan
- Tea Party at Willow Creek
May 7 at 10 a.m.
Marion County Activities - Feel Better/Live Better Film Series
In Partnership with Marion Theatre/Reilly Arts Center
- April 13 Movie: “P.S. I Love You”
- April 16 Movie: “Patch Adams”
- April 14 Presentation: Advance Directives Presentation at “On Top of the World: Master the Possibilities”
No charge for attendees. We will provide living wills & Five Wishes forms and an opportunity to talk about advance care planning either before and/or after the movies with Q & A afterward. Social distancing, masks and hand sanitizer will be required at the movie theatre.
Also, see our “Before I Die” boards at the Marion Theatre, Friday Art Walk, Union Station Art Park, and Webb Field/Levitt Concert Series. City and county proclamations will also be made.
Webinar: Honoring Choices Florida and Community Hospice & Palliative Care are providing the opportunity to learn more about advance care planning the week of April 12th. You will learn about the importance of having a conversation with family and health providers, how to start the discussion, and how to document your decisions before it’s too late.
- Honoring Choices, April 15 | 10 a.m.
- Honoring Choices, April 24 | 2 p.m.
- Facilitator Training: 5/26 from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sign up at HonoringchoicesFL.communityhospice.com
“Who Will Speak For You?” - A Prime Time Institute Virtual Event
April 29 from 2:30-4 p.m.
Learn more about the importance of advance care planning from an interdisciplinary panel of experts including:
• Dr. Sheri Kittelson
• Cathy Silloway, LCSW
• Marylin Bloom, MHC (Haven Hospice Director of Community Resources and Certified ACP Facilitator)
• William Allen (Bioethicist)
• Billie Adkins (Nurse)
• Kathleen Giery (LifeQuest)
Check out the Gainesville Sun op-ed section all month long for interesting articles and testimonials about the importance of advance directives.
VITAS Webinar: Advance Directives and Advance Care Planning
- 4/14 from 12 - 1 p.m.
- VITAS webinar
The Ilene Silverman Show
Ilene’s local show regarding National Healthcare Decisions Day will air from April 3rd and then twice a day for two weeks. Featuring Community Hospice & Palliative Care.
North Central Florida Proclamations for National Health Care Decisions Day
- City of Gainesville | 4/1 at 5:30 p.m.
200 E. Univ. Ave, City Hall Auditorium, 1st Floor City Hall
- Alachua County | 4/13 at 11:30 a.m.
Alachua Co. Administrative Bldg, 12 SE 1st Street, GNV, 2nd floor, Jack Durrance Auditorium
- Columbia County | 4/1 at 5:30 p.m.
135 NE Hernando Ave, Suite 203, Lake City, FL
- Dixie County | 4/1 at 10 a.m.
328 SE 349 HWY, School Board Mtg Room in the old Old Town School
- Gilchrist County | Tentative 4/5 at 4 p.m.
209 SE 1st Street, Trenton, FL- Old Church beside courthouse is BOCC
- Lafayette County | 4/12 at 9 a.m.
120 West Main St, Mayo, FL-second floor of courthouse Rm 206-come in from back of CH
- Levy County | 4/6 at 9 a.m.
310 School Street, Bronson, FL, Auditorium of Old High School
- Suwannee County | 1st&3rd Tuesday at 6 p.m.
218 Parshley Street Southwest, Live Oak (Judicial Annex Bldg)
- Union County | 4/19 at 6 p.m.
55 West Main St, Lake Butler, FL
- Baker County | 4/6 at 5 p.m.
Baker County Administration, 55 North Third Street Macclenny, FL 32063
- Bradford County | 2/18 at 6:30 p.m.
County Courthouse 945 North Temple Ave. Starke, FL 32091
- Clay County | 4/13 at 4 p.m.
BCC Meeting Room on the fourth floor of the Clay County Administration Building,
477 Houston Street, Green Cove Springs
- Flagler County | 4/5 at 9 a.m.
Government Services Complex; 1769 E. Moody Blvd. Board Chambers, Bunnell, FL 32110
- Putnam County | 4/13 at 9 a.m.
2509 Crill Avenue, Suite 100, Palatka, FL 32117
- St. Johns County | Tentatively set for 4/6 at 9 a.m.