At the UF Health Bariatric Surgery Center, our primary goal is getting you back to a happy and healthy life.
UF Health surgeons offer minimally invasive bariatric surgeries at UF Health Shands Hospital in Gainesville, Florida. The multidisciplinary center brings together a health care team, caring for the whole patient, not just their surgical needs. UF Health surgeons collaborate with UF Health experts from psychiatry, cardiology, pulmonology, medicine, nephrology and nutrition as they strive to identify and resolve the extensive health problems associated with morbid obesity.
The UF Health Bariatric Surgery Center is an accredited center of the MBSAQIP.
Before making an your appointment, you will need to complete the following:
- Take our online seminar. Please be sure to watch the entire program.
- After watching the video, you must take a quiz. Once you have successfully passed the quiz, you will be prompted to print a certificate. Fax the certificate to (352) 627-4173 before scheduling an appointment.
- Schedule your appointment
- Complete a New Patient Packet. You'll receive your packet by email. You will need to complete it and bring it with you to your appointment.
- The seminar may be attended in person. Please call (352) 265-0535 to register. In-person seminars are held at UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital, 1515 SW Archer Road, Room 1204.
We don’t just focus on surgical options for weight loss. We partner with each patient to create a healthy lifestyle. Our team of experts guide your weight loss journey:
- fellowship-trained bariatric surgeons
- medicine physicians
As part of an academic health center, we are always moving medicine forward. Our innovative research and quality improvements create better care and results that make a lifetime impact.
News and Patient Stories: Bariatric Surgery
UF, UF Health celebrate expansion of health care services at Durbin Park, ongoing regional growth across Northeast Florida
February 21, 2024
Link to video assets Link to audio only assets Link to photo assets University of Florida and UF Health leaders today broke ground at UF Health Durbin Park, a…
September 13, 2023
The University of Florida’s academic health center to introduce expanded services, leading-edge care aimed at improving the health of the local community;…
UF Health, University of Florida
Latest podcast episodes
Obesity is second only to tobacco use as a preventable cause of cancer in the United States. And it boosts the risk of 13 types of cancer that make up 40% of all cancers diagnosed each year in the...
People living with obesity often say attracting a partner is a strong motivator for having surgery such as gastric banding or gastric bypass. And, for many, this dream comes true. Research has...