Each day, a Patient Nutrition Representative will come to the patient’s room and assist with meal selections. A paper menu will be provided upon request and for designated units. Contact a Patient Nutrition Representative at 4-3859 or 258-1810 with any questions or special food requests.
Special Dietary Needs
Check with a nurse or the Patient Nutrition Representative before offering food to a patient or, if you are a patient, before consuming foods that are not on the approved menu. Many patients are on special diets ordered by the physician because of the following criteria:
- The diet may limit food and drinks due to tests or a medical condition.
- Some medical procedures are necessary and the patient can’t be given anything by mouth (NPO) for several hours before the procedure.
- The physician has diagnosed an illness that could be helped by diet therapy.
UF Health Shands Hospital
- Monday - Friday: Breakfast 6am to 10am, Lunch 11am to 2pm
- Monday - Friday: Limited Hot Service 2 to 8pm
- Monday - Friday: Grab and Go items and Snacks 6am to 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday: Hot Breakfast 7am to 10am, Lunch Limited Hot Service 11am to 2pm
- Saturday and Sunday: Grab and Go items and Snacks 7am to 2pm
- Holidays: Hot Breakfast 7am to 10am, Lunch Limited Hot Service 11am to 2pm
- Sushi with Gusto: Monday - Friday 11am to 8pm
UF Health Shands Hospital Food Court
- Wendy's: Monday - Sunday 7am to midnight
- Subway: Monday - Sunday 8am to 6am
- Full Cup Yogurt: Monday - Friday 10:30am to 10pm, Saturday and Sunday 11am to 8pm
UF Health Shands Hospital The Sun Terrace
- Chick-fil-A: Monday - Friday 10:30am to 3pm
- Einstein Bros. Bagels: Monday - Friday 7am to 2pm
- Salad Creations: Monday - Friday 10:30 am to 2:30pm
- Panda Express: Monday - Friday 10:30am to 3pm
- Opus Coffee: Monday - Friday 6:20am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 4pm
- Starbucks Coffee: Monday - Friday 6am to 5:30p