Children seem to have a fascination with putting objects into their ears. Whether it’s a marble, bead, cotton swab, pencil or even a bug, objects can easily…
Otolaryngology (commonly referred to as ENT) is a specialty of medicine concerned with the study, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the ear, nose and throat.
At the University of Florida Health, our multidisciplinary team of board-certified otalryngologists are trained and certified by the American Academy Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery in the medical and surgical management and treatment of diseases and disorders of the ear, nose, throat. Our ENT physicians also perform a wide range of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face.
The types of services we provide include:
- Allergy testing and injections
- Botox injections for voice and swallowing problems
- Cochlear implants
- Communicative disorders
- Cosmetic and reconstructive facial, nasal and ear surgery
- Endoscopic examination of air and food passages
- Hypoglossal nerve stimulation
- Inspire Therapy ® sleep apnea implants
- Medical and surgical treatment of sinus diseases
- Surgery of benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck
- Surgical and medical treatment of hearing loss and infections
- Thyroid surgery
- Treatment of complex pediatric airway disorders
The types of conditions we treat include:
- Balance disorders
- Cosmetic deformities of the face, nose and ears
- Environmental, food and skin allergies
- Facial nerve paralysis
- Facial trauma
- General adult and pediatric ENT diseases
- Head and neck cancers
- Hearing loss and tinnitus
- Sinus diseases
- Sleep apnea and snoring
- Thyroid tumors
- Voice and swallowing disorders
UF Health Shands Hospital is committed to providing the highest quality of compassionate, leading-edge care to patients affected by conditions of the Ear, Nose and Throat. As a leader in care, UF Health ranks among the nation’s best Ear, Nose and Throat programs according to U.S. News & World Report 2023-2024 Best Hospital rankings.
The University of Florida Department of Otolaryngology is dedicated to providing the best possible care of ear, nose, & throat conditions, education of medical students, training of otolaryngology residents, and otolaryngologic research.
In our clinics, you will find highly trained physicians who work alongside an outstanding treatment team to meet even the most complex and challenging conditions. We are a compassionate and friendly team ready to support you and your family with all of your ENT health needs!
Otology and Neurotology PhysicianLanguages: German
Jimmy J Brown, MD, DDS, FACSEar, Nose and Throat Specialist (Otolaryngologist)Languages: Spanish
Si Chen, MDEar, Nose and Throat Specialist (Otolaryngologist)Languages: Chinese
Neil N Chheda, MDEar, Nose and Throat Specialist (Otolaryngologist)
Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist (Otolaryngologist)
Dustin Conrad, MD, FRCSCEar, Nose and Throat Specialist (Otolaryngologist)
We have two locations in Gainesville that are open Monday — Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Patients are seen by appointment only.
If urgent care is needed, we will make every effort to see patients as quickly as possible.