Reconstructive urologic surgery involves the treatment of the problems that patients may suffer from after the treatment of urologic and pelvic cancers or after trauma sustained to the urinary tract.
Some of the commonly managed diagnoses include:
- Urethral strictures
- Management of hypospadias complications
- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction
- Urinary tract fistulas
- Urinary Incontinence
- Erectile dysfunction
- Complications of prior surgery
We utilize the latest minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic techniques as well as open surgical techniques to repair these problems. The goal is to restore the quality of life of patients who may suffer from problems related to their urinary tract or sexual function.
Some of the surgical treatment options we provide include:
- Robotic pyeloplasty
- Robotic ureteroureterostomy
- Robotic buccal mucosal graft ureteroplasty
- Robotic ureteral reimplant
- Artificial urinary sphincter
- Male urethral sling
- ProAct Adjustable Continence Therapy
- Urinary diversions
- Prosthetic surgery
We also specialize in surgery to repair complex rectourinary fistulae that can occur as a result of surgery or radiation therapy to the pelvis and can also offer construction of neobladders or continent catheterizable bladders.