Are you at Risk?
Sun protection is essential to skin cancer prevention – about 90 percent of non-melanoma skin cancers and about 86 percent of melanomas are associated with exposure to UV radiation from the sun.
Did you know?
- 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime.
- Dermatologists recommend using at least SPF 30 for normal days.
- The most common kind of skin cancer is basal cell carcinoma.
- Melanoma is the deadliest form of skin cancer.
- Those who have been exposed to UV radiation from indoor tanning have a 59% increased risk of melanoma.
- Skin cancer affects people of all colors and races, although those with light skin who sunburn easily have a higher risk.