Cancer is a journey, and at the UF Health Cancer Center, you will not face it alone.
From the first phone call you make to our center or the first time you walk through our doors for an appointment, our team will guide you, through the tests and treatments… and the worry and the hope.
We embrace the team approach to patient care. Each of our multidisciplinary teams meets weekly during “tumor conferences” to discuss the details of each patient’s case. This approach leads to a personalized plan, ensuring that comprehensive, coordinated care is available to guide each patient through diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
You might only need surgery, while others need surgery, radiation and chemotherapy to treat their cancer. Other types of treatments include proton therapy, radiotherapy, radiosurgical ablation, robotic surgery or clinical trials of new medications and therapies developed at UF. Whatever combination of care your plan includes, you’ll have access to the most advanced therapies available in the world and the peace of mind knowing you’ll receive the very best care from our specialists and nurses.
At the frontline of cancer care, your nurse navigator is a crucial part of your cancer care team. She’ll be one of the first people you meet at UF Health, and she’ll make sure you know everything that is discussed when the team meets. Nurse navigators are registered nurses who specialize in cancer care. They shepherd patients through hurdles — such as insurance problems and finding a place to stay during treatment — and help coordinate appointments with specialists, work with your team of doctors, explain confusing test results and make sure you know about clinical trials and other opportunities. Most of all, your nurse navigator is a friend, a person you can call with any question.
Learn more about:
- Coping with cancer
- Social work
- Patient and family resources
Make an Appointment
Schedule an appointment with one of our specialty multi-disciplinary teams by calling the following numbers:
- Bone and Soft Tissue Cancer Center
- Preston A. Wells, Jr., Center for Brain Tumor Therapy
- UF Health Breast Center
- Pediatric Cancer Center
- GI Cancer Center
- Urologic Cancer Center
- Gynecologic Cancer Center
- Head and Neck Cancer Center
- Lung Cancer Center
- Adult Medical Oncology
- Skin Cancer and Melanoma Center
- UF Health Hematology/Oncology - Davis Cancer Pavilion
- UF Health Radiation Oncology - Davis Cancer Pavilion
- UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital
- UF Health Shands Children's Hospital
- UF Health Shands Hospital
- UF Health Jacksonville Cancer Center
- UF Health Proton Therapy Insititute
Support and Resources
Find a Cancer Doctor
Browse our directory to find UF physicians and other health care providers offering cancer care services.
- UF physician, colleagues identify successful blood cancer therapy
- Targeting tumors may help stop spread of breast, other cancers
- $10 million Wells Foundation gift will enable UF to speed brain tumor remedies
- UF&Shands Park Avenue Imaging Center receives excellence accreditation
- UF, Moffitt researchers find blood cancer may be more common than realized