Skip to main content
Update Location

My Location

Update your location to show providers, locations, and services closest to you.

Enter a zip code
Select a campus/region

Alison R Kraus, PT/DPT

Physical Therapist

Photo of Alison R Kraus

About me

Hello, I'm Alison Kraus, a physical therapist at UF Health. My journey in healthcare began with a bachelor of science in clinical health studies followed by a doctorate in physical therapy from Ithaca College.

Specializing in neurologic physical therapy, I hold the prestigious American Board of Physical Therapy specialist certification in neurology. My expertise encompasses a wide range of neurologic conditions, including Parkinson's disease, mild-severe traumatic brain injury and concussion, vestibular dysfunction with VNG assessments, neuromuscular disorders, Huntington's disease and cerebellar ataxia.

My professional focus revolves around clinical practice, where approximately 80% of my time is dedicated to neuro rehabilitation, particularly emphasizing movement disorders and vestibular rehab in the outpatient setting. The remaining 20% of my efforts are invested in academia as an adjunct faculty member for the doctorate of physical therapy program at the University of Florida. In this role, I strive to bridge the gap between neuro rehab clinical practice and physical therapy curriculum, providing students with a comprehensive understanding of patients facing neurologic diagnoses. Teaching also serves as a conduit for staying abreast of evidence-based practices, enriching my clinical interactions for improved patient outcomes.

My commitment extends to ongoing participation in clinical research, where I contribute to the evaluation and treatment of patients with Parkinson's disease, Parkinsonism, vestibular disorders and mild-severe traumatic brain injuries. This dual engagement in clinical practice and academia allows me to maintain a dynamic approach to patient care and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the field.

In my professional journey, I find fulfillment in the fusion of clinical expertise, teaching, and research, ultimately working towards enhancing the quality of life for individuals facing neurologic challenges.

My locations

Search our accepted insurances list

Please note: Some physicians and practices might not accept a specific insurance plan. Our list is also subject to change, and sometimes that change is not yet reflected in this list. Please contact the practice to confirm that your insurance is accepted. A representative will be happy to assist you.

See all