Built around the needs of the patient, the UF Health Neuromedicine Hospital is designed with safety and efficiency in mind. Patients have streamlined access to highly specialized, comprehensive outpatient treatment options and inpatient services in one location. They will also be surrounded by a wealth of expert medical professionals. Our outstanding faculty physicians and clinical experts collaborate in a world-class medical facility designed to meet their unique needs, with improved efficiency and operations as well as a welcoming, accessible design.
Inpatient features include:
General operating rooms (ORs)
- Three neurosurgery ORs
- Two neurosurgery ORs with intraoperative MRI capabilities
- Intraoperative MRI technology in the OR creates advanced imaging of the brain during neurosurgery.
- Real-time images of the brain during a procedure help neurosurgeons and their team to immediately determine more precisely if they have successfully removed tumors and other abnormalities, versus having to wait for a follow-up MRI and possible additional surgical procedure.
- This level of accuracy with the most technically advanced equipment helps us provide the best possible outcomes for those with neurological disorders.
- Two neurosurgery hybrid interventional ORs
- Hybrid ORs enable surgical teams to accommodate several different procedures simultaneously. Those with complex neurological conditions do not need to be transported to different locations to undergo lifesaving surgeries or advanced imaging.
Pre- and Post-Operation Unit and Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- 38 pre/post-op rooms
- 16 PACU beds
- This is where patients go before they undergo a surgical procedure, and where they are taken for recovery following their procedure while anesthesia wears off.
- 48 private ICU rooms, equipped with patient lifts, bedside dialysis and surgical procedure lights to lessen the need to move patients; accommodations for family, including furniture (table top and sofa/bed).
- 48 medical/surgical private inpatient rooms with accommodations for family, including furniture (table top and sofa/bed).
- Natural light with wall-to-wall windows and original art that represents Florida landscape and nature scenes.
- Multi-level lighting, including a procedure light for clinical staff, ambient overhead light and a reading light for the patient
- Patient control of room lighting and window blinds from pillow speaker, which also contains a TV speaker and nurse call button.
- Specially designed ''water-friendly'' or ''wet'' wheelchair-accessible bathrooms that accommodate support staff to aid patients.
- Infotainment system with large flat-screen TV monitor and interactive bedside tablets for patients and family members to use for patient education, hospital information and entertainment.
- The system allows patients and visitors to view details about their specific care team, access instructions and education assigned by their physicians and nurses, and discover available resources in our hospital system.
- It will also provide all standard TV channels, relaxation and white noise channels, and the ability for patients to stream their own media.
Outpatient features include:
Practices located on first floor
- UF Health Neurology – Neuromedicine Hospital
- UF Health Neurosurgery – Neuromedicine Vascular Hospital
- This is where our UF College of Medicine neurology and neurosurgery teams provide evaluation, diagnosis and follow-up appointments for those with a neurological disease, including epilepsy, brain and spine tumors, spine deformities and stroke.
- This practice space is unique and patient-focused because of the co-location of our outpatient visits, diagnostic and procedure space all on the first floor. Our UF College of Medicine faculty from diverse neurological and neurosurgical disciplines collaborate closely and efficiently to share information and expertise.
- The space includes 31 exam rooms.
- Seven procedure rooms for teams to perform diagnostic services for outpatients of the neuro clinical practices, as well as for inpatients staying in the hospital.
- This is a unique set-up to have diagnostic services located in the same space for easy access by outpatients. It allows our teams to provide faster and more efficient patient care in one location.
General diagnostic services
- Outpatient Lab — Blood Draw Station
- Pre-surgery clinic
- Radiology suite
- Roof terrace, located on the third floor, includes:
- An open terrace with beautiful views, offering fresh air and green space as a respite for patients, visitors, faculty, residents, staff, students and volunteers.
- Telemetry – a remote monitoring system outdoors for patients who need constant heart function monitoring. It gives them the freedom to leave their hospital rooms and enjoy this space safely.
- Healing Garden, Reflection Pond, Waterscape and Outdoor Walkway located in front of the hospital
- The Healing Garden and its original pond (opened with the UF Health Cancer Hospital in 2009) is now enhanced with an elegant waterscape
- A second, more rustic pond is featured with a pathway and metal gazebo overlooking a more rustic landscape with a lime rock spring/waterfall.
- Rush Lake is featured with a walking path for patients, visitors and staff to enjoy
- Sanctuary of Wisdom, located on the second floor, is designed for prayer and contemplation, inclusive of all religions and belief systems. It can be used by patients, visitors, faculty and staff.
- Raising Hope at Work Café
- Café dining options include a full-service salad bar and small stations with a variety of healthy foods.
- The area has plenty of indoor seating for patients, visitors and staff, plus outside terraces on both sides.
Related conditions & treatments
Meeting your health care needs
For your convenience and peace of mind
Aids and services are available to help people with disabilities communicate effectively.
Many of UF Health's properties have various branch ATMs and/or branch offices.
Baby-changing stations are available in many of UF Health's restrooms.
Options include Opus Coffee and Starbucks in the hospital atriums.
Patients and guests get free wireless internet access at UF Health hospitals.
The Garden of Hope, Sun Terrace, and other spaces help patients and families relax.
Gender-neutral, public restrooms are located throughout UF Health's properties.
The Gift Stops offer a wide variety of gifts and products for patients and families.
UF Health provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English.
You can download a form or call (352) 594-0909 to have medical records mailed or faxed.
Notary services are available to patients and visitors Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Smoking, chewing tobacco, or using electronic cigarettes is prohibited on UF Health properties.
Social workers are part of the patient's care team and work with medical staff and nurses.
In some cases, UF Health offers telehealth care via a desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet.
In some cases, UF Health offers telehealth visits via a desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet.