Each day, a Patient Nutrition Representative will come to the patient’s room and assist with meal selections. A paper menu will be provided upon request and for designated units. Contact a Patient Nutrition Representative at 4-3859 or 258-1810 with any questions or special food requests.
Special Dietary Needs
Check with a nurse or the Patient Nutrition Representative before offering food to a patient or, if you are a patient, before consuming foods that are not on the approved menu. Many patients are on special diets ordered by the physician because of the following criteria:
- The diet may limit food and drinks due to tests or a medical condition.
- Some medical procedures are necessary and the patient can’t be given anything by mouth (NPO) for several hours before the procedure.
- The physician has diagnosed an illness that could be helped by diet therapy.
UF Health Heart & Vascular and Neuromedicine Hospitals
- Raising Hope at Work Cafe: Monday - Friday Breakfast 6am to 10am, Lunch 11am to 2pm, Limited Hot Service 2pm to 6:30pm, Grab and Go 7pm to 1am
- Raising Hope at Work Cafe Weekends: Breakfast 7am to 10am, Lunch 11am to 6pm
- Raising Hope at Work Cafe Holidays: Breakfast 7am to 10am, Lunch 11am to 2pm
- Sushi with Gusto: Monday - Friday 11am to 2pm
- Opus Coffee: Monday - Friday 6:20am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 4pm