Nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report within the top 1 percent of hospitals nationwide, UF Health Neuromedicine offers the full spectrum of neurological and neurosurgical specialty services.
At UF Health Neuromedicine, we are dedicated to providing technically superb, compassionate and timely medical care for our patients. We are committed to the education of resident physicians and continuing medical education for practicing physicians in the art and science of neuromedicine. We are always exploring and developing — through clinical and basic research at the Evelyn F. and William L. McKnight Brain Institute at the University of Florida — new and better treatments for neurological and neurosurgical disorders.
Make an Appointment
Excellence in patient care
- Preston A. Wells Jr. Center for Brain Tumor Therapy
- UF Health Shands Comprehensive Stroke Center
- UF Health Spine Program
- UF Health Epilepsy Program
- UF Health Center for Movement Disorders and Neurorestoration
- UF Health Pediatric Neurosurgery Program
- UF Health Trigeminal Neuralgia Program
- One of the largest neuromedicine inpatient Medicare providers in the country.
- Comprehensive neuromedicine services unparalleled in the southeastern United States.
- One of the nation’s largest volume centers for the treatment of cerebrovascular disease.
- One of the top research-funded academic neurological surgery departments in the nation.
- World-renowned center for the treatment of movement disorders and neurorestoration.
By the Numbers
- UF Health Neuromedicine features a dedicated, 30-bed Neuro ICU - one of the largest in the state - with private rooms and full monitoring capabilities.
- More than 20 states across the country refer patients to UF Health Neuromedicine.
- The UF departments of neurosurgery and neurology include approximately 75 faculty members at any given time.
- Expert treatment teams within UF Health Neuromedicine perform more than 10,000 procedures a year.
- The UF departments of neurosurgery and neurology have secured more than $10 million in research funding for numerous studies and trials to advance the field of neuromedicine.
- UF Health Neuromedicine physicians and staff provide treatment during approximately 30,000 outpatient visits a year.